Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Non-periodic graph paper

NonPeriodicGraphPaper This is a variation of my non-periodic plaids. Maybe more practical, maybe not. You can download a 10-page pdf and print out as much as you want. Every page is different. Of course.

Download non-periodic graph paper

You may be asking, "what is non-periodic graph paper good for?" Good question! I just program this stuff, I don't explain it. I program it because I can, not because I have a use in mind.

However: you can draw boxes for flow charts or organization charts and the boxes will line up horizontally and vertically. They won't be the same size, but they'll line up.

You can use the grid to draw large rectangles and subdivide them. Then you can paint them in primary colors. Very Piet Mondrian. The randomness of the grid will keep the composition from looking too regular.

Every snowflake is different. Why not graph paper?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed this post, so this comment is after the other although your post was before. And it does answer the question of who the artist is but doesn't touch on the user as artist question.
CET