Saturday, November 24, 2007

Crawling background

Here is one of those "I wonder if I can do it" projects. I'm reading about background images and I see that the position can be adjusted pixel by pixel. If I can do that, I can make the image move. Already, I'm so focused on the technical details that I'm not even considering whether this is a good idea or not.

Of course, the Blogger platform doesn't co-operate. But I'm also reading about inline frames, which is a way to display a piece of one web page on another. So I put the crawling image on another server, and display it in an inline frame in this post. Maybe I can use the same techniques for something useful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the background of the page also sliding like the flowers or does it change all at once? Is it the same pattern with different colors or a totally different marbleized effect? Feedbiz send me notification of this page today Nov. 25 at 3:30 am. So I think they post once a day, everyday at the same time, about 17 hours after you post, and who knows where you have gone mental in the meantime.
And http://www.clicktracks.com/live_demo.php is using clicks to create a visual. The details are over my head, but they have a demo of it at this link.
CET